Mental Health Services Logo
If you require Emergency Assistance, please call the Crisis Intervention Centre at 613-969-5511 or toll free 1-888-757-7766
Open Line Open Mind 

To make a referral for mental health and/or addictions support, please call Open Line Open Mind at
310-OPEN (6736). Open Line Open Mind is a free, confidential service in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties. They are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Latest News

Family Day – Feb. 16, 2015

Our office will be closed on Family Day:  Feb. 16, 2015...

Read More

Elevator – Out of Service at 3 Applewood Dr., Belleville, ON

Please note that our elevator will be out of service from Feb. 4, 2015 to approximately March 4, 201...

Read More

New NAMI Family-to-Family Program Starting

  There will be a Family to Family course beginning March 25, 2015 7-9pm. @ 3 Applewood Dr., Lo...

Read More

Court Diversion

Have you or someone you know been charged with a minor offence?

Is there a concern regarding mental health?

 If so, then the Court Diversion Program may be able to help you.


What is Mental Health Court Diversion?

Court Diversion is a cooperative program between the criminal justice system and the mental health system to provide direct service to the individuals who have been charged with a minor offense. With the approval of the Crown Attorney, a Diversion Plan will address the mental health factors contributing to the offence.
If you are considered for a diversion, a Court Diversion Mental Health Counsellor will complete an assessment. After the assessment is complete, the Crown Attorney will decide whether to proceed with a Diversion Plan or proceed with the charges in court.

Are you eligible for diversion?

If the following criteria are met, you may qualify for Mental Health Court Diversion:

  • You are 16 years of age or older;
  • You have been diagnosed with a mental illness or you suspect that you may be mentally ill;
  • You have been charged with a minor offence;
  • You agree to participate in a diversion program (the program is strictly voluntary); and
  • The Crown Attorney recommends the diversion option.

How do I apply for diversion?
A referral for Court Diversion can be made by anyone:
Your lawyer can assist you.
If you do not have a lawyer, discuss mental health diversion with Duty Counsel who is available through the court.

You can contact the Mental Health Court Diversion Program directly by calling 613-968-1111.

What does the Court Diversion Mental Health Counsellor do?

  • Links clients with both short and long term supports;
  • Provides mental health information to families and others;
  • Provides education regarding consumer issues, mental illness and mental health services;
  • Provides consultation and advice to the courts;
  • Provides progress reports to the courts; and
  • Provides consultation for those not accepted for diversion.

Court Diversion workers attend court in Belleville, Picton, Trenton and Bancroft and will meet with clients in applicable municipalities.

The Court Diversion Program applies to all of Hastings and Prince Edward.

web site design by curious projects